Thursday, April 10, 2003


Almost midnight and I'm sitting in another departure lounge. This one is in Seattle.
The flight from Vancouver was almost silly -- less than an hour. The plane was a small
turbo prop affair. Imagine my delight in watching the landing gear spark -- RIGHT OUT
MY WINDOW. Too cool.

It was tough to find a) a place to sit b) something to eat in SeaTac. Wireless internet
is everywhere! God love technology.

So I'm sitting here waiting for my 12:23am flight to Houston. Looks like its going to be a
full flight, ya'll. And babies a plenty too!

CNN is blaring in the lounge. And what do you know -- its exactly like CNN at home but,
unfortunately, I don't have the option to watch something a little less slanted: the BBC.

It's going to be nice to be far away from work (not that far) and the war (real far). I hope
that I am sans TV on Caye Caulker. No phone, no lights, no motor car. Just
a lot of beer.

They're calling the flight. I will hope to write more from George Bush International Airport.
Hmmm. Isn't that in Baghdad?

Oh oh...

No comments: