Wednesday, May 10, 2006

from the "writer's block" dept.

Yes, it's true. I am brain cramped in a big way. And it's a bad time for that!

The travel piece deadline hovers (Friday) and I am nearly done (Wednesday), but I am slamming my head into the wall, table and floor, trying to get those last few creative words down.

They're not coming, the bastards!

And they're in my head! And the dictionary! It's not like I have to invent them. No, I just have to choose them.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

Ah, because creativity is supposed to be hard, I guess. And, the pressure usually defeats the block. And it should be no different this time.

But really, surely it shouldn't be this hard?

On another note...

I finally had a bunch of prints made from my digital picture files. I've not done a lot of that to date, and when Futureshop was offering 15 cent prints and $3 8x10's I jumped.

Now I have images of various travels -- Dubrovnik, Croatia 2005; Livingston, Guatemala 2003; Caye Caulker, Belize 2006 -- on the mantle to remind me of what was, and what will be again.

It's easy to forget the trips sometimes. I mean, they're always there -- I doubt more than a few days go buy without me thinking about the Spain/Portugal bike trip in 1993 (13 frickin' years ago!!!!!!!!).

But now with memories staring me in the face, it's comforting in a way.

Many of the prints I had done prior to Photoshop tweaking. This I now regret, as I have learned a few techniques that make photos sing. Ergo, this short from last fall, somewhere along the South Shore of Nova Scotia:

No Service

Cool, no?

Meanwhile...

The XM Radio is blasting out tracks from the new Donald Fagan album. Tasty stuff. Must buy... Fagan is too damn cool for his own beeswax.

Well, hopefully this little exercise has shaken loose some words... and I can get that project done once and for all.

More soon...

Cheers!

No comments: