Saturday, May 06, 2006

from the "couch dept." dept.

I've been more than a little slack in writing here. As always, it boils down to time. Despite being handed some 80 years to muck about with, and having only used just over half, I still find it difficult to find spare time.

That's not true.

I do find spare time, that is, time when I'm not working. But I use this time for other things. Eating. Sleeping. Bitching. Avoiding lists. Accounting. And so on.

However, I find that when I find time, I find that the last thing I want to do is write. After writing all day, writing all night is just not a high priority. Why?

Because it's not easy.

Sure, it sounds easy. But really, at the end of the day, I always find writing a challenge. More so work writing that writing like this.

I like this kind of writing. But, it's not fun if it's forced.

I need to be in the proper headspace (ie: not tired) and have some spare time. The two are almost mutually exclusive.

When I returned home from Belize, I had a fairly open schedule, that quickly filled up. For the past 3 weeks (!) I've been writing web news, starting daily at 6am. Fortunately, I have the weekends off, a nice change.

Coming up: at least 7 straight. And then an open schedule again.

So I hope that the open schedule stays somewhat open, so I can write fun (my) stuff, but not feel forced to do it. It seems when I feel obligated, I often write about how busy I am.

And that, I bet, is boring.

Right. So, now my obligation to the blog is covered off. And I can go fetch my car that I left downtown last night after hoisting pints and downing fries with Lorne and Katrina at Caffe Barney.

"Snakes on a Plane"

Cheers!

No comments: