It's official. I have decided not to re-sign with JHR for another season.
It was a tough choice, but in the end it came down to a new funding scheme that requires new "volunteers" to raise a substantial amount of cash. Part of this money would cover airfare.
Also, I wouldn't be able to remain at SKYY in Takoradi.
Here's the latest everchanging plan:
Continue with JHR though mid-September. Change my plane ticket to return to Canada around mid-December instead of Oct. 1. My work visa also expires December 15th.
From the period Sept. 15 - Dec. 15th, I will live on my savings (easy! especially if my tax refund ever arrives!) and try to earn about $1,000 a month freelancing.
And so it goes...