Friday, July 27, 2007

from the "is it over yet?" dept.

There are things that make you wonder.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 was already a shit day. It was the day I learned that Kenny Lim, the CTV Vancouver graphics guru, passed away earlier in the week while trying to save his son from drowning. He did, and it cost him his life. As my friend, former VTV promotion guru Brent Toombs so elegantly put it: "Fucking tragic."

The rest of the day was a bummer. Thinking about the old VTV/CTV days. Thinking about the importance of friends and family. Thinking about how precious life is and how fast it can come to a sudden end.

Imagine my surprise later in the day when my JHR colleague Kevin Hill, who is renting a room from me, said he had some bad news. What could it be, I wondered.

Long story short: His iPod and some cash went missing from his room while we were at work. Nice. Welcome to Ghana.

How could this be?

As far as I know, only Kevin and I have the keys for the front door to the upstairs suite. He left his bedroom door unlocked, but with the front door locked, that shouldn't have mattered.

I left my set of keys for upstairs suite in the kitchen downstairs. And Kevin and I spent most of the day together at SKYY.

So, how did it happen?

Theory #1: Someone has the keys to the front door and decided to swipe some stuff. Why they didn't swipe more is another question I can't answer.

Theory #2: Someone has the keys to my suite downstairs and grabbed the upstairs keys -- and put them back. Why they didn't swipe stuff from my suite is beyond me.

Theory #3: Who knows.

I'll be glad when this day is over.

No comments: