Saturday, May 31, 2003



It is the last day of May. 35 days remain before I journey back to Europe. I hope! Today is also a big day for Air Canada. If the pilots union does not agree to some consessions by midnight (EDT) tonight, the airline will go out of business. That means that Canada will no longer have a national airline, and that thousands of people will be stuck clutching plane tickets that are useless. Count me as one of those. My $1300 return ticket to Copenhagen may have no better use than as toilet paper.

It is beyond me how a company with a virtual monopoly cannot make a go of it. It speaks to may things, but at the end of the day, those at the controls must be the most inept buffoons on the planet.

Freelance television work has seemed to have dried up too. Its been a real struggle in the past month to make ends meet. And there is little work on the horizon. This is nothing new. In the past several years, I've endured feast or famine many times. However, with an expensive trip to Europe looming, it makes for a strange feeling. I'll call it dread!

Cross your fingers that Air Canada still exists in 11 hours.

From Vancouver, a hearty cheers!

D



No comments: