Sunday, January 25, 2004

Sunday Night in Vancouver.

Random thoughts will be the order of the day, I reckon.

The weekend was filled with working on various projects and trying to hang out a bit and do some reading. I find it necessary to schedule time for that... and I think I have an appointment with a book in about 20 minutes.

Today I was feeling trapped, so in the middle of the afternoon, I hopped in my car and headed to the ferry terminal. Then I took the 20 minute ferry ride to Bowen Island where I went for a coffee and did some work on my computer. I am currently putting together the CBC Radio piece on shortwave radio and I've spent the last couple of mornings transcribing. I almost finished on Bowen today. Almost, but not quite. And then I have to write the story... but it should come together well. And I'm going to have fun with the editing.

The weather has been chilly, relatively speaking. Nothing brutal, but not super nice.

I am facing a conundrum this week: to move or not to move. Here's the deal: both my roommates are moving out as of March 1. I've posted that I'm looking for a roommate but I have not found any takers, yet. Although its still early in the game.

I am wondering if I should just move into another place... my own place. It will cost more, but it might make sense. If I select this option, I have to give notice by the end of January.

But it will also mean extra costs: hiring movers, utilities changes, and a new damage deposit. Though I will get the one from here back.

The thing is, I like this place. Except for the bongos. And maybe the bongos *are* too much to deal with. Maybe I should just pull the pin. But I hate to lose my neighbourhood. I like having everything - and I mean everything - within walking distance. From music to food to books - it is all right out my front door.

I worry too, at a new place, having to deal with things like noisy neighbours and the like.

But then again, I worry about everything...

Tomorrow is a day off... sort of. I want to get my taxes in to the accountant. And start writing the shortwave piece. And the border piece for the paper.

On Tuesday I have a shoot for CBC Kids... not high paying, but money none-the-less. This will be the second last item I do for them. This is because of the drop in compensation. $1200 to $500.

Tuesday night is another StockPhotosOnline meeting. Changes are happening!

I have some meetings mid-week. And then I work at CTV on Friday and Saturday. And then... its February!

I hope to have more entertaining stuff posted soon. Until then...

Cheers!









No comments: