Saturday, April 10, 2004

10am on a sunny Saturday morning and it is already 15C. And I have to work :(

Yesterday is was a Good Friday for me: the cancellation of a day of work meant I was able to enjoy the day. It was a pure summer day, too. In April. In Vancouver. Go figure.

The day started with a not so civil confrontation with a guy playing scales on his sax. At 10:30am. In the park next door. I tried to reason with him, and he just got all grumpy and started going off about the million dollar homes in the hood. I guess class warfare is alive and well in East Vancouver.

After giving up (and trying not to get angry myself)... I went for an awesome hike with some friends. We went on the Baden-Powell hiking trail from the north shore community of Deep Cove to a spectacular look off over Indian Arm. There were lots of people -- and a few traffic jams. But it was about 2 hours of good exercise.

Which we then ruined with burgers and pints at the Raven Pub.

Then it was off to change before meeting up with more people at Fet's, We were there to watch game 2 of the Calgary-Vancouver playoffs. And Vancouver lost.

'Nuff said.

Cheers!

No comments: