Friday, April 23, 2004

Remember me?

It seems that what was once a daily diversion is not something that rarely sees me.

But that should change soon.

The latest: Nearly finished the newest item for CBC Radio. It's on shortwave radio and it's been a long time in the making. I will finish it by Monday. But not in Vancouver. More on that later.

The contract paperwork is in the hands of the National Geographic Society. Payment due soon!

The accountant tells me I am due a refund on my late taxes. And probably more on the less late ones. And more on the soon to be late ones. I shall not let this get so out of control again. Still, its nice to be expecting money now, as I am earning a full time salary -- which means all of it goes to debt reduction. Yeah!

I was beginning to regret booking my latest trip. Was it wise to spend hundreds and be away from earning money? Well, after his past week... HELL YES!!! It's been a tough week at work... writing news. Really tough some days. Multiple deadlines. Little errors slipping through. And being tired has made it hard to concentrate. Not good.

Outside of those hours, it seems all I do is work. Whether its taxes or other projects. And I average about 5 hours of sleep a night.

So it is a blessed thing that I will have 5 days off. And then it's back to the grind. But, when payday rolls around... it's worth it.

No new roomie yet. I've decided to let that work itself out. If I have to move, I have to move. At least I know I can afford it now.

And I think I *need* to move. A change is always good. There are many other parts of Vancouver that need my presence!

And so it goes. More from Calgary beginning tomorrow. And I will return to paradise on Wednesday...

Cheers!








No comments: