Friday, August 31, 2007

from the "decade on" dept.

It was a decade ago, on the labour day weekend, that my life changed significantly.

At the time I was still living in Winnipeg, but I also happened to be in the middle of my very first visit to New York (which would become my favourite place to visit).

It was a significant weekend for two reasons: Diana died and the phone rang.

[ supersized before I was supersized ]


[ I read the news today, oh boy... ]

On the other end of the line was Brent Toombs, senior producer for the about-to-be-launched Vancouver Television, telling me that he had accidentally stumbled across my demo reel. I had sent it months earlier, but had long since forgotten about it.

[ big guns in seattle ]

Would I, he asked, be interested in a full-time promotions job in Vancouver. Would I indeed, I wondered. We discussed the details and within a week I was flying to the left coast... and a whole new life.

[ as it was then ]

And so it goes...

No comments: