Thursday, January 10, 2008

from"the waiting is the hardest part" dept.


If you've been following along, you know I've been suffering with some serious computer problems.

I have three laptops, neither of which works properly. One has no sound, one has no picture and one is little more than a doorstop. Guess which is the PC!

So... after much consideration and time pressure, I've decided to purchase a MacBook from the folks at Apple.

While I would have preferred to have made my purchase at a local outlet (Discount Mac) or from Craigslist, Apple's online store was offering fully warrantied refurbished MacBooks for several hundred bucks off. Plus I saved $30 on my .mac renewal.

I may regret the decision a wee bit if, on Tuesday, Steve Jobs introduces something skookum at MacWorld. But, hopefully not.

As I write this I am waiting for FedEx to deliver the new toy/tool.

As Tom Petty sang... The waiting is the hardest part.

No comments: