Monday, September 29, 2008

from the "altered states" dept.


Trying to predicting the results of this week's upcoming vice-presidential debate is tough.

On the surface, I'd say Biden will wipe the floor with the history-revising baby machine known as Palin. And he should. He has experience. She has none. He can think. She has no brain. Simple right?

Maybe not. Remember, this is the alternate universe of American politics, where up is down, good is bad and being a war hero with three purple heats makes you a traitor.

I'd give nearly even odds that Sarah will stumble her way through the debate like a drunkard in a crowed bar -- bumping into people, spilling drinks and attracting looks of bemusement/disillusionment.

And the next morning the so-called Liberal media will shellac Joe for being too tough. Too mean. He'll be lambasted for treating the self-described pit-bull/hockey mom as a political candidate rather than a delicate rose.

And he'll be villified.
And Obama will lose the election.
And it will be the end of the world as we know it.

Truly, there is no hope for planet Earth if Grandpa Simpson and Maude Flanders become the next leaders of Americaland.

But maybe my worry is simply because I'm thinking like a Democrat and I can't believe 8 years of the WORST ADMINISTRATION EVER is actually drawing to a close.

Maybe I'm afraid I'll wake up and find the possibility of change was nothing more than a dream.

I sure hope not.

1 comment:

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

HI! You just might be interested in what John Cleese (English comedien) had to say about Sarah Palin :
http://www.marianne2.fr/John-Cleese-presente-le-Sarah-Palin-Flying-Circus-!_a92269.html?PHPSESSID=c2969f29178aacbfe383760ee9db57d8
I sooo agree with him..!