Friday, September 19, 2008

from the "perogies and cabbage rolls" dept.

I landed in Winnipeg last night after a far-too-long journey from Halifax. Long layovers. Long flights. And the inhumanity of coach.

I was welcomed by warm Prairie air, a helpful car rental agent and cross-town drive past closed fast food restaurants. I was hungry, but at 11:30 on a Thursday night, no one was serving -- save the Golden Arches. Yick.

Summer is still here and the locals are taking full advantage by displaying lots of skin. This, no doubt, in preparation for the reality of winter that is likely just a few weekends away.

My agenda here is full. Work. Visiting people. Stopping by old haunts like the Wawel Meat Market, Alicia's, Jeannie's, VJ's, et al. Hello cholesterol, my old friend!

More to come. Pictures too, of course!

Cheers!

No comments: