Sunday, August 29, 2010

from the "turn that frown upside down" dept.

I'm not quite sure when the latest chapter of my life actually begins. For some reason I think it should be Monday. But in reality, the page was turned when I left Edmonton on the bus yesterday.

Rather than look back and complain about the last 10 months -- it was my choosing AND there were many benefits -- I'll look forward and try to be thankful for things. With that in mind (and just a wee bit of looking back):

Friday August 27, 2010 - I'm thankful for the nice send off at work -- and those who attended post-work drinks.

Saturday August 28, 2010 - I'm thankful for Trisha and Ella for getting me to the bus. And Dave for picking me up in Calgary and driving me to the airport to get my rental (surprise!). Also Dave and Karen for a great dinner, party and introduction to several new people.

Sunday August 29, 2010 - I'm thankful for Karen giving me aspirin this morning. Trisha & Graeme for the lobster they brought back from Nova Scotia (which I just ate) -- and also for a roof over my head for the past two weeks. And to Dave, yet again, for providing another roof. And storage.

And so it goes... (with a lot of help from my friends)

No comments: