Thursday, January 15, 2015

Mayans from the Back

Lots of people like to take pictures whilst on holiday. Pros, too.

But some people think that they're entering the realm of professional photography with images that anyone can take.

I think that you're a pro if you know how to shoot exceptional images. It doesn't matter what the camera is -- it matters what you see and how you capture it.

So when I see "pros" shooting photos of Mayans from the back and then adding a letter-box frame and some nice text (in Century Gothic) -- I snicker.

Wrong.
Now, I don't mean to say that anyone who takes the above shot is cheating. It's hard to take photos of people face on and capture them honestly. However, it drives me nutty when people take a pedestrian picture like the one above and letterbox it like it's a work of art.

No. It's not art. It's just a (nice) picture.

And so it goes...

No comments: