Saturday, December 17, 2005

from the "the final week" dept.

It looms. But, as I've said, I am done. Nothing to do for Christmas now, other than enjoy it. Five days of work still separates me from the big weekend. Two of those are in the online bureau in the basement. Three downtown, surrounded by real people at that private broadcaster I also work with.

It's been a good winter here in V-town. Cold, but lots of sun and blue skies. Speaking of blue, that's an apt description of ski hill owners. A lack of snow is killing business. Hemlock, a smaller hill, actually filed for bankruptcy and shut down.

I see Bush has admitted that the NSA is spying on it's own citizenry. Now, at the end of the day, I can see why they NEED to do this. If those mysterious terrorists (FEAE!!) are hiding within the country -- then it's fare game to spy on them. But be honest about it.

He's still a dork.

Back to reality: cold and bright and early it is. Nothing on the agenda so far. We'll see if there is a breakfast to be had at Bert's or an afternoon pint at Barney's.

Last night was Deep Cove Christmas party night. I attended the annual Honey's soiree and filled up on all sorts of tasty finger food. Then headed to the Arms Reach Bistro for some laughs.

One drink was my max for the night, so I woke this morning devoid of a hangover and with a relatively full wallet.

I've been feeling motivated to shoot more photos. Don P. and I dropped into the Exposure Gallery which features local photographers. We were totally underwhelmed. Many of the subjects are similar to my own, yet the images were dull and lifeless. And this from several different photographers.

It certainly is good motivation to continue to shoot and ask the question: "Why am I not doing this professionally?"

The short answer: time.

And speaking of time... it's now a hair after 9am, and I feel the need to hit Commercial Drive for a coffee, the paper, and perhaps to snap away. Or Mitchell Island.

Cheers!

No comments: