Saturday, December 17, 2005

from the "improved and new" dept.

I've been using my very basic HTML skills to add a couple of new goodies to this site. Up front, you'll notice a live picture of Vancouver. However, if it's dark in Vancouver, then the image is not live. The KatKam only operates during daylight hours. Wondering if it's daylight in Vancouver? Sunrise and sunset times are provided by Environment Canada, along with the weather.

Below that is a fairly live image of the Christmas tree in the main square of Narva, Estonia. To the right of the image, and across a bridge, lies Mother Russia. Narva is located in the extreme northeast corner of the Baltic nation. I was there in 2003. Sigh.

And to the right of the frame, beside the big, ugly ads that allow me the ability to have this blog for no cost, is a link to my Flickr site. It's where I host my images for the blog and, now what I have a pro (read: pay) site, I can post tons of images from my extensive archives. If you click on it, it should take you directly there. Cool, eh?

Another tip: if you do a TAG search on Flickr with the keyword "borderfilms" all my images will appear. Thanx and a pint of fine ale to Mr. P. for that tip.

Enjoy. Cheers!

No comments: