Saturday, December 10, 2005

from the "what is Nog, anyway?" dept.




Yes indeedee... it's Nog season. One half Flor de Cana 5 year old rum and one half lite Nog, a sprinkle of cinnamon and it's the holidaze! 15 days remain until the fat guy in the red suit offers up the bounty.

My Christmas tasks are pretty much done. The presents are bought and just have to be posted. The cards are bought and just have to be signed. I had planned a custom card this year, but I have been stymied in trying to find a good Vancouver image that screams "it's CHRISTMAS!!!" or Kwanza or Channuka or Festivus or Solstice. Like we weren't aware.

Anyway, there is probably not enough time to get said custom cards done, signed, posted, and delivered. So I acquiesced and bought the mass market version. Well, not quite. I did hit Commercial Drive in a victorious attempt to find something local.

And I also hit the liqour store for some above mentioned rum, some foreign beer, and rum balls. Sweet, delicious rum balls.

Diet? Ha!

It was/is a capital day as well. Sunny, warm, wonderful. Hard to belive it's winter. But the rains are due.

My schedule since returning home has been very... calm. Three days of work at CTV last week. This weekend OFF!!! And then 3 days at CBC next week. And all three are work-at-home days. Two of them require a 3am start. Ugh.

I've somehow got the next two weekends off as well, with lots of mid-week employ. A good thing, as the visa bill is bound to be a biggie in the new year.

And then there is the spectre of more travel. California and Florida are a given. But I am also thinking of a spell in Belize (perhaps to work on some film projects) and/or the 18 hour flight to Australia. Why? Why not?!

Or North Korea.

Heh. I need help.

Anyway, that's the up to the minute entry.

Cheers!

No comments: