Sunday, July 13, 2008

from the "what's up" dept.

A few things have been percolating away in the background, so here's an update:

BOOKED: I'm off on a cross-Canada adventure beginning August 30. First to Halifax to mark the 20th anniversary of MITV (Global Maritimes). And then a stopover in Winnipeg on my way back. Looking forward to both destinations...

WORK: I don't know how much I should say in a public forum such as this... but what I can say is that my current contract is up at the end of August and may not be renewed. That could push life in an interesting direction.

I've got a phone interview Monday with a big organization that could see me leaving Canada for a year. No details yet -- but this is a huge opportunity and would put me back on the path to Freedom 55.

There are some African options as well. My hunch is that I won't be living in Vancouver too much longer.

FITNESS: Man, it's hard to stay fit. Or even partially fit. Or even morbidly obese. I've been cranking out the K's on my bike (80-100/wk) and eating very well and I just hover around the same weight. It sucks... but I guess eventually something has to happen. We'll see...

SUMMER: After all the cold and rain and cold rain of June, summer has arrived on the Lower Mainland. Day after day of blue skies and temperatures in the mid-20s. It's almost enough to have me liking Vancouver again (we're having a little disagreement these days). And being out on the bike has been a nice way to enjoy the sum-sum-summertime.

That's it for now. More news in the coming days...

Cheers!

No comments: