Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Copenhagen, Denmark

It is over! The Great Baltic Border Expedition has passed into the history books. And what an expediton: nearly being arrested in Poland, seeing a Chernobyl style reactor from only metres away and making google eyes with cashiers in Russia.

My note book is full of stories -- and they will start to be posted here in the next few days. It will take a little bit of time, as there is so much to tell. It was an amazing trip filled with history and the chance to see a number of societies in the middle of their transformation from communist to capitalist.

I will be back in Vancouver tomorrow, July 23rd. After scaring myself silly by looking at all my bills and lack of money, I will start posting the tales.

Of course, there is another border expedition planned for next year. A small one around Italy and Andorra. 2005 will be the Great SOUTHERN European Border Expedition. Where else can you see living history? These trips have gone from a quirky journey to a real education.

Until I return to Vancouver,

Cheers!

Doug

No comments: