Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Notes from July 4, 2003...

This is the third time in 22 months that I have flown to Europe to be a Borderfreak. It has been 10 years since I first visited Europe and this is the 6th trip. But the numbers don't tell the story! The places do: Spain & Portugal '93, Bosnia '97, Malta '98, GCEBE '01, GEEBE '02, GBBE '03.

As I write this, I am midway between Toronto and Copenhagen. The sun has followed us the entire way. I have no idea what time it is. 3am? Noon? I do know that we will be in Copenhagen on Saturday July 5 at 7:30am. I've been flying since 8:30am Vancouver time.

The flight from Vancouver to Toronto was ok. Cramped seats, but luckily I was able to move to a little larger baby seat. I sat beside Christoph, a French (France) filmmaker who had been studying in Vancouver for the past 10 months. He owns a PD150 video camera, same as I. Nice guy. We talked about all sorts of stuff. He was reading a Dummies Guide to 20th Century History. Looks like something I could use!

The sun is shining through the windows -- the colour of red seems clearer than on the ground 40,000 feet below. The sunrise that lasts all day.

Film #1 was "10 Ways to Lose a Man." Dumb movie, but gotta love that Kate Hudson. And she looks like a certain groovy ad chick in T.dot. I am tired but not exhausted. Thinking about revenue streams and Estonian borders. I think I have 2 hours and 24 minutes to go before landing.

I have my laptop with me, and watched about half an hour of The Royal Tennenbaums. I love that film -- and wonder why? The look, the music, the script, the characters, the actors, the acting. Its the kind of movie I would like to make. Witty and sad, like real life. Not like "King of Queens" which is the shlock that is showing on the plane now.

Looking forward to seeing all the freaks.

Toronto to Copenhagen was great because I have 2 seats and have created a little fifedom.

--- This was from my July 4 notes...

No comments: