Sunday, February 15, 2004

Sunday night in the CTV Newsroom... long day. I was up early and hooked up with a buddy (Steve) to have breakfast at the chosen weekend breakfast spot "Bert's." Since 1948, this Main Street greasy spoon has been offering up great, um, grease.

Everytime its the same thing -- bottomless coffee and the special. For me: 2 eggs over easy, sausages done in butterfly style (less grease, don't ya know!), and a couple of pancakes. All this for something like $5. But we tip heavy, 'cuz we're regulars!

Then I went a-writing at a place called "The Grind" on Main Street. This is a new place for me to hang out. The triple-Americano was friggin' strong. But only $2.75. I hammered away on my shortwave radio script for a couple of hours. And then it was time to get me arse into CTV.

Tonight I'm working -- and then up early tomorrow to get this writing finished before heading to CBC to write until 6:15... and then more writing. I can't wait until a week from Tuesday when I can NOT WORK and count my money.

Cheers!

No comments: