Friday, January 13, 2006

from the "here we go, again" dept.


I've been humming and hawing about returning for my (now annual) trip to Belize. Surfing the travel sites last night, I stumbled on a cheap fare out of Seattle.

Now, to fly to Belize City from Vancouver costs about C$1025 including taxes. Recently, I have seen prices in the C$650 (incl. taxes) range out of Seattle. Pretty good, and I was planning to jump on that soon.

Last night, I discovered that American Airlines was offering up the same flight for C$450 including taxes. How could I say no?

So, its official: the first big journey of 2006 is to Central America. Belize and Guatemala for sure, and maybe another country so I can say I've been to 46.

The dates: Departing Monday March 20 and returning Friday April 14th.

There is also a lot of work in the works (!) so financially it shouldn't be too much of a hit. With luck I can do some remote work FROM Belize!

More soon. Oh yeah, it's still raining. A new record for the number of rainy days in a row will fall Monday.

Cheers!

No comments: