Thursday, November 15, 2007

from the "social butterfly" dept.


So... I arrive home around 2 p.m. on Friday, December 7th.

Within hours of planting my size 10.5s on British Columbia soil (not that I'm super excited, yet)... the fun begins. And I don't mean a holiday Tazering, Bro! If I'm hanging around international arrivals for 10 hours, it means I'm drunk on Vancouver air, not some poor confused man who needs (actually -- DIDN'T NEED) 50,ooo volts of calm-me-down.

Here's the itinerary:

First up, a little afternoon Christmas party at a certain North Shore production company (SaltRox? No... BarSoap? No... SipWhisk(e)y?). Let's just say I'm expecting some good Scotch.

Then comes the annual Vancouver TV Blooper Party. It's a unique event where all of Vancouver's television newsrooms get together and show their blooper tapes. And get drunk.

The following day, it's the CBC Christmas party. I may skip that one as I don't have a thing to wear (that fits).

My only concern is appearing at the blooper party in front of all my peers from all the stations... after 24 hours of skybus travel, 11 months in Africa, a worrisome weight gain, and near-shoulder length hair.

I am soooo f*cked!

Cheers!

No comments: