Monday, April 28, 2008

from the "rush to wait" dept.

I'm at the La Quinta hotel in downtown Seattle and my flight to Copenhagen takes off in about six hours. So I have a bit of time to kill -- at least until I have to check out -- at 1 pm. And then figure out how to kill five hours at Seatac.

Anywho...

It was a good weekend. I celebrated by 30th birthday Saturday with the Seattle Mariners at Safeco Field. It was a dandy game and the Ms won. My buddy Randy and I consumed a few beers, hot dogs and pretzels. Mmm... ballpark pretzels!

Sunday was a repeat of Saturday except it wasn't my birthday and the Mariners lost. In between the games we hit all of Seattle's finest stores: Apple, Bottleworks, REI and Target.

Plus a NAFTA meal Sunday night (Canadians eating Mexican in America).

Randy has headed back to Canada while I get ready for the big trip. It's going to be a long haul. 10.5 hours to Copenhagen. And then I have a couple of hours to kill before my Danish friends fetch me at Central Station.

I'd hoped to get a podcast up today, but the audio editing programs are driving me nuts -- it seems like too much work for too little reward. In other words, I'm sure you can imagine the sound of a ball game.

I will capture on the road reports in the coming days... no editing required... and see how that goes.

Until then... here's a little more roadtrip music for ya:



Cheers!

No comments: