Saturday, August 07, 2004

Wheee! It's Saturday and I am free!

Last night I went to my pal Ted's to talk business, eat BBQ and meet a whole mess of Germans. Dunkles bier, bitte!

When I finally got home, it was time to chat with border freak Jesper, who, along with 3 other border freaks, are meeting in Prague this very day to go zipping around the borderlands of Central Europe.

Being here does not amuse. But, I declined to join this trip for many reasons.

- It is a smaller trip
- The whole gang is not going
- To do this would put the Great Southern European Border Expedition in jeopardy.

The GSEBE could be the best yet: Serbia, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Montenegro, and my personal favourite Albania.

How I long to hoist a pint of local brew in some dusty Albanian town.


[The town turns out to meet visitors in Kukes, Albania]



All is not lost, however. I plan to do some international travelling this very day. Off to the Radio Museum in Bellingham, Washington in a few minutes.

I'm thinking Daddy needs a Sour Dough Jack at Jack in the Box for lunch.

Ah, life's simple pleasures.

A full report coming up...

Cheers!

No comments: