Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Wise Up...

Save Me...

Takin' Care of Business...

These are just three of the tunes that Aimee Mann played at the Commodore this evening. She is SO underrated... and despite her melancholiness she has the voice of an angel. And she covers BTO (a kick ass version too, I might add).

Her contributions to the Magnolia soundtrack are but a small example of how great she is. And I heard that Magnolia was actually based on her songs!

It was a busy day again, of course. Writing the CBC North site all day (6am until about 3pm)... then I had to get my cellphone replaced. And what a battle to get a discount. After 7 years, you'd think your cellphone company would appreciate your business. Guess again!

After that joy, Lorne, Jazz and I went for a feed of sushi. And then Lorne and I went to see Aimee Mann.

It's now midnight - and I have to be at work at 6am. But John Kerry is on the Daily Show. How can I miss that? Exactly.

Later in the week I am going to be doing some housesitting -- that will be a nice change of scenery.

It's also monsooning again... love the cool and the sound... aaaah... it seems to be scaring the traffic away.

We'll, Jon's on -- until the next time...

Cheers!

No comments: