Friday, August 06, 2004

And now, a giant sigh of relief.

After 19 days straight, a chance for some rest. And it wasn't just 19 days, it was 20 shifts and a few turn-arounds thrown in for good measure.

I am pooped.

I finished the week as it began, working from home. We like this a lot. Especially the flexibility to do things like run to Ikea (yesterday) in the middle of the day.

Things slow down for two whole days. Somewhat. My 2003 taxes, my quarter 2 GST and a bunch of boxes have other plans.

I think I shall shoot them the finger and do none of the above. So there.

On Saturday, I think I will head south to Bellingham, Washington to visit the American Radio Museum. They have odd hours, and were closed the last time I went through (on the way to Yakima and Seattle for baseball, last spring). That certainly seems like a century ago.

Sunday is a day to do nothing what-so-ever. And I mean that.

Lots of work until Sept. 4th and then... it looks like I am retired.

Well... time to shut this thing down and zone out. Actually I have a BBQ to go to. Too bad its raining!

Cheers!

Doug

No comments: