Sunday, June 18, 2006

from the "kooky ol' Drive" dept.


Organicmobile
Originally uploaded by borderfilms (Doug).

The weekend has come and gone... and the harsh reality of Monday morning is but hours away.

It was a spectacular weekend. It started with a BBQ on Friday night. It was a chance for the weekend crew to get together and hang out.

It was a darn fine time until the wine kicked into overdrive and hit me hard. While you may say it's an excuse, I say there is something allergy related to blame.

Saturday started out rough. Boy, did I feel rotten. Damn tannins.

I knew I had to get outside and get exercise. So I headed down to Commercial Drive to watch the crowds watching World Cup. This has become almost a daily activity.

Following that, I met up with Cheryl and Bob to watch the last half of the ITALY-USA match (ended with a TIE!).

And following that, we went strolling The Drive -- though there wasn't as much madness as if Italy had won the game. Still, lots of people, smiles and a good vibe.

Saturday night was understandably muted. I bought groceries.

Today (Sunday) started with an early morning stroll around the 'hood. Then Cheryl and Cathy came over. Cathy gave me some good advice regarding a project in the works. And Cheryl looked through boxes. Fun!

Then it was off to meet Lorne at Cafe du Soliel on The Drive. We watched the Brazil defeat France whilst hoisting coffee.

The Drive was packed afterward as it was no-car day. The street was absolutely packed with thousands of people enjoying a sunny day and goofy entertainment in the form of thousands of people!

Music and the smell of pot filled the air and many restaurants were grilling up tasty fare outdoors.

Lorne and I shot pictures until his battery died. And then it was off to Costco. As I don't have a membership, I thought it might be an idea to go check it out. Two seconds after entering, I realized this was a mistake.

Eventually I made it back home. I sorted though the days pictures and posted them on Flickr.

Then, just as I was thinking I should go for a bike ride, Bryan said he was going for a bike ride. So we went for a cruise around the massive and oh-so-boring monster homes line the streets of South Vancouver. Barf.

But the ride was good.

And now, it is late Sunday. Nearly 10pm. I'm not looking foward to Monday because:

- I have negotiations to complete regarding an upcoming project. I am worried about selling myself short as it is hard to quantify what I should be paid.

- I am dealing with tax issues and need to hire an accounting firm -- I've had it with the stress of taxes.

- I have a secondary tax issue relating to two departments not talking to each other. Sigh. It's amazing government functions.

- And I have a bunch of running around to do. And possible work at the Corp. on Tuesday (remote training on a new web publishing system).

Blah. I wish it was the weekend again!

Well, I suppose it is. And I have two hours left... better go enjoy them!

Cheers!

No comments: