Friday, June 30, 2006

Show me the Money!


Show me the Money!
Originally uploaded by borderfilms (Doug).

Wow.

Everything seems to be going along swimmingly and then suddenly there's a dam in the river.

After initial excitement over two big projects, I am very disappointed, disillusioned and in disbelief over the rates of pay.

I won't go into specifics, but I'm not thrilled at the prospect of working my ass off, with my considerable experience, for what amounts to little more than minimum wage.

It makes me wonder if I have made a ghastly error in my career choice. Sure, it's been fun and exciting – but fun and exciting doesn't pay the bills. And working for peanuts doesn't either.

I'm tired of trying to make the numbers add up at the end of the month only to find that they don't. And I am further away from reaching even the smallest fiscal goal.

Follow your dreams and the money will follow? I'm beginning to think that's a big load of bullshit. Follow the money and the happiness will follow!

It's too bad I'm learning as I'm in the middle of middle age.

Cheers?

No comments: