Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Ok, 5 a.m. shifts suck.

Going to bed at 10 or 11 and then having the bastard alarm clock interrupt the slumber channel is bad if it happens once. But day after day? Christ on a bike! (just heard that one today!)

I've been working at CTV on the weekends... and Sunday I walked out of the studio at 11 p.m., walked 5 blocks to CBC and slept on the couch until my shift started at 5. Fun!

I've been sleeping at home for the last few days, however. And the pain ends next Tuesday (yes, that's 14 or 15 days straight)... and then I have 5 off.

What to do? What to do?

I think I will hire a car and drive to Calgary. I could use the scenery, the adventure, the escape.

The noise here at home is still brutal, and the next step is noise cancelling headphones. Burning the lease seems to be a bit of a problem. Oh well, May 15, 2005 isn't far off.

I've been captivated by the Democratic National Convention. I have always held American politics in great distain. Zero interest... until Bush stole the election in 2000...

Now, I am glued to the television watching speaker after speaker. Bill Clinton was amazing. As I watched him the other night, I wondered why he wasn't President. Stupid two term law.

And Gore was pretty good. Funny, but a bit stiff.

I finally caught Michael Moore vs. Fox "News" Channel's Bill O'Reilly. Go to www.foxnewschannel.com to find it. It is a great example of how screwed up the right and the Republicans are. God help us if they win again.


Good news on the money front -- the 2001 tax refund arrived, which means Daddy is gettin' a Nikon D70. Not just yet... but very soon.

I see that Edwards is on... so its time to watch that... then try to sleep.

Cheers!









No comments: