Sunday, July 03, 2005

from the "cheap cheap cheap" dept.

Ok. So having a $500 car -- wait -- that was my last one. Let me start again.

Ok. So having a $400 car is great. It's cheap. The insurance is low. And despite the high cost of fuel, it's still a good deal.

When it runs.

My new old car is having battery problems. And it actually be more of an engine aneurysm.

The first hint of trouble was before I went to Europa and it wouldn't start. The car. Not Europa. I fixed this by pretending to be MacGyver: the battery terminal was crusty and rusty so I used a pair of vice-grips and fastened the cable onto the battery's post. Worked like a charm.

Until the corrosion hit the vice-grips. Now the who electric system is like a game of chance. Will it start? Will tinkering by me another chance? Will I be late?

Will I lease a 2005 Mazda 3?

Well, no. Not yet, anyway.

This is the beauty of a $400 car. Even though I can't drive to far away places like Surrey with confidence, I don't have massive payments.

Beauty, eh? Hmmmm.

Well, I do have my bus pass.

Yeah. And a 40 minute ride with disease carrying weirdos.

Hmmmm.

Ok. I have to go beat the shit out of my conscience and lease a new car. Be right back.

Cheers!

No comments: