Tuesday, July 12, 2005

from the "how bad is this OS" dept.

Over the last few days I've had the opportunity (?) to use Windows. At work and at a friend's place that I've been looking in on. In fact, that's where I am now: Surrey.

Despite a crisis while trying to burn DVDs on my Mac (tantrums notwithstanding), I can't belive how difficult Windows is. The crashes, the hangs and the general annoyance. I feel for people who haven't a clue as to how to deal with the daily (hourly) issues that crop up when using Windows.

That said, I am as pleased as punch that I am getting a FREE PC. CTV is clearing them out, and I'm getting one. That means I can work from home for the CBC. Which is ironic.

Also: started a new discussion group on Yahoo. If you're at all interested in border related issues, click here:

BorderPoint

Crap! Got to run to work. I wonder if I can make if from Surrey to Downtown via Continental Coffee in 54 minutes. Let's find out...

Cheers!

No comments: