Friday, November 18, 2005

from the "broken man on a Halifax pier" dept.

Well, here I am!

It's been a whirlwind, these first 24 hours.

Arrived around 11am yesterday during a torrential downpour. Rough landing, but at least I was able to sleep for part of the flight from Vancouver to Toronto. And Toronto-Halifax went fast.

Lydia picked me up at the airport, and we went to the Burke's fancy pad in Cole Harbour. I met their daughter -- now almost 5 -- and we laughed long and hard at grumpy dad. Tanna is a riot.

Blair and I spent too many hours trying to get wireless networking going/drinking rum. And then, a big long sleep followed.

Friday, I hooked up with Scooter and we went a'eatin' at some joint downtown. Then we headed to visit Katherine at her work. Then out to Hammonds Plains to pick up their daughter Lauren. Video games in the rec room followed.

Tonight is bar night... tomorrow the Atlantic Bowl (or Uteck as its now called).

More to come. Pictures too. Oh, and Point Pleasant Park was just plain sad.

Cheers!

No comments: