Sunday, November 20, 2005

from the "sundaze" dept.

The weekend flew by, but it's been a good journey so far.

Yesterday Neil and I hung out at the Atlantic/Uteck bowl... some cheap beer, free dogs, and girls in a hottub. Pictures to come.

After that, we headed to Maxwell's Plum for some tasty pints. An incredible selection awaits the beer fan there... at least 20 different brews on tap, plus 100+ varieties in cans and bottles.

I met Leo Clark, the producer of ATV's Live at Five. We chatted about the biz for some time. Then Neil and I headed to the Midtown for a piece of marinated shoe leather, cheap beer and to meet Heather, his wife. Heather, at 42 looks like she's 20. I swear I went through a time warp. Or she's sold he soul. Or maybe it's good clean living on the Right Coast.

It was approaching 6:30 and -5, which meant it was time to head up to Spring Garden Road to watch the annual Christmas parade. It was pretty big, but somewhat lame. The people in the parade were in high gear and at one point were literally running by. We're not quite sure why. Because of this, the musical floats created their own doppler effect as they screamed past.

Of note: the Thirsty Duck is "closed for renovations." What does that mean? Bankrupt, probably. Apparently there aren't enough people to drink up in all the bars... and they're dropping like... bar flies.

After the parade, Neil, Heather and I headed for the waterfront and some liquid warmth. Then I met up with Blair and was taken home for a rest.

Sunday was a little more relaxed. I slept in, then borrowed Blair's car and headed to the old MITV/Global plant. 17 years after the first time I stepped in there, I was back. Lots of changes and new faces. Some cool new toys -- like a kick ass audio board.

Paul Palmeter was anchoring & producing the 6pm cast, so we had a dandy little visit. Then Scooter, who was shooting news in the morning, and I headed to Pete's Frootique for some Sunday shopping fun.

We shopped on a Sunday with the other heathens... and then spent the rest of the day at the plant.

The evening was calm. Came home to BJ's and we sat around watching the Lions lose. Then I watched CTV News at 6 (at 10)... finished this babble... and went to bed!

Cheers!

No comments: