Saturday, December 02, 2006

from the "catching up" dept.

The week has come to an end. And what a week!

I managed to get a few more things sorted for Ghana, but there is a considerable amount of entries remaining on my "to do" list.

This was a week about meeting people. On Tuesday I attended the a party for the television premiere of "The Rock and Roll Kid," a documentary about a 12-year-old guitar wonderkind.

It was produced and written by a friend of mine... LONG story there.

At the premiere, I met Danny - the kid, his parents, as well as a cool group of like minded folk.

On Thursday I met Donna, who is a friend of a friend and very like minded. We enjoyed poutine as we got to know each other. The fun continues next week when Donna, Randy, Christian and yours truly go Whisk(e)y sampling at the Irish Heather.

Tonight was the blooper party. The annual get-together of Vancouver media types (mostly TV). Folks from all the newsrooms converge for one night of watching each other's blooper tapes. This was my 9th.

Global "won" with the Best Tape, but I thought CTV should have been the winner.

I ran into a bunch of colleagues from CBC, CTV and Global, including some that I started with in this business back in '88!

Well, that's enough button pushing for the night. It's 1:12 a.m. and I have to be up in 5 hours.

More to come.

Cheers!

Doug

No comments: