Thursday, February 01, 2007

from the "adjusting" dept.

Tuesday it was power and no water.
Wednesday it was water and no power.
Today it was water AND power!

Of all the things that I find the hardest to get used to, it is the occasional lack of the most basic things: Water and power.

At this point, I am used to not having both, and have alternate sources of water and a petzl headlamp for light.

Still, sleeping last night with no fan was impossible. I tossed and turned all night. I should have just stood in the dark, in the shower. How I love cold showers.

The week is coming to a close and it has been busy. I still have stuff to get set up for the house, and I continue to suffer from a lack of easy internet access.

Another challenge has been getting my North American Skype IN number to forward to my Ghana mobile. I have no idea what the problem is, but it is driving me nuts. It's made worse because I can't even launch my Skype client as I have not yet found a place to plug in my laptop.

All minor things, really.

The more I get to travel around the area, the more blown away I am. I often don't feel like I'm in Africa, until I visit a smaller village. There are some new pictures of such a visit on flickr.

I am still hoping to get away for the weekend. I would love to spend two days seaside thinking about nothing than the experiences of the last two weeks. And, it might be the last chance to do so before I head off on the cross-Ghana Freedom Flame roadtrip.

Be prepared for lots of Hula Girl pictures.

That's it for now. Please keep the emails coming... it's great to hear from everyone!

Cheers!

No comments: