Thursday, February 08, 2007

from the "the African Caye Caulker" dept.

After all the heat and troubles with the internet, I decided enough was enough and headed to the Green Turtle Lodge ( tip o' the hat to Winnipeg Wendy!).

I arranged for a ride with the owners and after a long bumpy ride down a loosely defined "road", we arrived at what I belive is the African version of Caye Caulker.

Quiet. Cheap. Relaxing. Seaside. Perfect! Except when my battery operated fan packed it in last night. I sweat far too much...

I'm back in Takoradi, at the slow-as-molasses interNOT cafe... and it looks like after two hours of struggle, I have uploaded a little video of the beach at Akwidaa. It was spectacular, as was the night sky. Holy stars, Batman!

Due to limitations of the interNOT cafe, I am not able to view the video myself... but I will cut and paste the code below, in the hopes that it works for you.

Off to Kumasi on Saturday and eventually Wa, in the far northwest of the country Sunday. I hope to post more details Friday.

And, of course, more pictures will follow.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Doug. It worked like a charm. Too bad you can not see it but then hey, you got the real thing.

Keep up the posts!

Cheers,
CanuckOnFire

Anonymous said...

oh! i miss green turtle! if only I could package up a bit of -52 windchill and expresspost it to you in exchange for a bit of +40 beachside breeze.