Sunday, February 25, 2007

From the "rantings of an exhausted man" dept.

Sunday February 25, 2007
Takoradi, Western Region

Is there anything sweeter than home? Whether it be Vancouver, Halifax, Winnipeg or Takoradi, Ghana, home is a wonderful place to be. Especially after a long journey.

After seven hard and very challenging days on the road I am in my own personal utopia: the one I call home. Unfortunately, it is but a blip on the Freedom Flame agenda. We hit the road Monday for six more regional capitals before arriving in Accra for Ghana's golden jubilee. The next break: March 7th. I honestly wonder if these old bones can make it. I don't think I've ever felt so old. However, maybe that's normal because I've never been so old.

We arrived at my home around 9 p.m. Saturday night. Seconds after walking in the door and dumping my bags, I headed straight for the shower to rinse off the hard work and frustrations of the previous week.

Three words best describe how I feel: tired, hungry and dirty.

Due to a lack of internet access, I've had no chance to post my experiences for some time. In addition, so much happens each day that even my rough notes are multiple pages long. Knowing that most people prefer shorter posts, I will attempt to edit for length. What follows, then, is a hodge-podge notes from the past week's events.

Also, I've written this with great speed and little regard to the elements of style and/or the proper use of the English language. And let's not even talk about tense. What follows is the uncut, raw version.

All right, Peabody, let's hop into the wayback machine... in chronological order...

Cheers!

No comments: