Friday, December 26, 2003

Boxing Day -- the day when fools line up to save a dollar or two on a CD. Bah!

But lets go back to last night: after work I had a lovely dinner with my pals Cheryl, Tom, Misty Moo, and more. It was nice to chow down on a traditional meal. And lots of stuffing. We watched the fireplace channel and talked about this and that. Winnipeg and the Whiteshell came up a lot as there were at least 4 people with those roots -- in addition to the other prairie folk. Just like being in Winnipeg, but warmer.

Today I was up early to finish watching Lord of the Rings (long boring story). While walking back from the video store around 9am, I happened to notice my favourite crazy tree -- a little cherry tree in Grandview Park -- already had blossoms. It did the same last year, but I think it was able to hold on until the first week of January.

Then it was off to another day in the newsroom. Can you say Iran earthquake?

Tonight -- drinks and festive fun with more pals... and then a nice sleep in... I don't work until 2 tomorrow.

You should have seen the crowds on Robson Street today -- more shoppers than I've ever seen in Vancouver and similar to the scene in New York on a normal day.

Gotta run!

No comments: