Thursday, December 18, 2003

Up, down, up, down.

The Bad: As much as it pains me to say this, I just received an email from National Geographic. Seems they think the EU border thing is such a great idea that they're doing a full blown story. And that means they're assigning a photog and that means that they're not going with my image(s). The discussions continue, and since there was a deal -- they may pay part or all of the fee. However, the money is not the important thing: the credit of being in the magazine is. Bummer, sure. But completely beyond my control. Maybe positive thoughts will make something better come of it.

The Good: CBC just called and I am to go in training in the newsroom the first week of January. We're still working out the fiscal details, but seeing as though my run at CTV is ending Jan 4, it's perfect timing.

The Ugly: Still without my computer -- so I am at the library catching up on business email (and catching God knows what from this keyboard).

The Christmas shopping is finally done. And shipped. I no longer have a concern in the world regarding the festive holiday non-gender specific season. Other than decorating the house and getting a tree.

And so it goes...







No comments: