Saturday, December 20, 2003

The fight with the hard drive continues. I ran a recovery program through the night, and while I can see a lot of files, there is a nasty bit of corrupt media that prevents access.

However, I am able to pull some of the files off the drive, but unfortunately most of them seem to be system and program files. That stuff I have backed up or on CD. I seem to be unable to find or retrieve any photos, documents or financial files.

Crappy.

I am running the program over and over again -- as I seem to get more access each time. In addition to that, there is a huge cluster of files that I can't get at. Methinks that they are all my documents, photos, and excel files.

It's Saturday as well -- and I am at work. Here until midnight and then -- back again tomorrow. The early part of the day was spent getting Christmas decorations, groceries, playing data retrieval man, and doing this and that. Not the most relaxing Saturday. And certainly not the most interesting to write about.

I shall stop.


No comments: