Tuesday, December 25, 2007

from the "baby Jesus" dept.

Christmas. Wasn't it just?

Now I'm feeling the culture shock.

I worked Christmas Eve day at the CBC. It was the first time back working in a Canadian newsroom in a long time.

And how was it? OK. And surprisingly familiar.

The odd thing is that I'll be writing more news for the Corp. this week and next, but from home. Unless I drag my ass into the plant. I may.

Christmas eve was very quiet. Aided by a couple of tins of Kilkenny, I chilled at Randy's place in Deep Cove. Nice.

It is midday on Christmas Day as I write this. So far:

I spent the morning at Ted Shredd's place, feasting on waffles.

I spend some quality time with Sammy the cat at Don and Linda's.

And I'll soon be heading back over to the North Shore for Christmas dinner at Catherine and Dave Gage's.

A full day. Although part of me wishes I was back in Africaland. *sniff*

Cheers!

No comments: