Saturday, December 08, 2007

from the "newsbreak" dept.

I had a hoot at the blooper party Friday night and finally, after being up for nearly 48 hours straight, I slept. Until 6 a.m. Dammit! However, I managed to roll over and eke out another few hours.

It was great to see so many friends and colleagues at the blooper party last night. I'm so happy to be home. Yet, in many ways, it felt as though I had never left.

The reaction to the long hair was mixed, though edged towards the positive. Methinks I'll keep it for a bit. And everyone was shocked that I came directly from the airport to the bash (stopping only for sushi dinner at Osaka in Deep Cove and a long, hot shower - not at Osaka).

Saturday morning started with a stroll to Honey's in Deep Cove for a double Americano and TWO Baden Powell muffins.

Up next: shopping. I need pants, t-shirts, a jacket, a working mobile phone, toiletries and a hard copy of the Globe and Mail.

Tonight: Dinner at the Arms Reach bistro, also in Deep Cove. And some quality scotch. I imagine it'll be a much earlier night.

The weather is certainly a change. It's cold ( 0 degrees) but the sun is bright. I can't express how nice the old air and hot showers are. Heaven.

Right. Best head out to the shoppes. It's that crazy Christmas shopping season -- and I'm ready for my first blast of reverse culture shock.

Cheers!

No comments: