Thursday, December 27, 2007

from the "tell me more" dept.

Christmas dinner at Dave and Catherine Gage's was grand. The full meal with much wine.

Their house in West Van is a treat too. Right on the water, although you have to brave a driveway they aptly named "leap of faith."

As luck would have it, it snowed, rendering my vehicle useless in any attempts at climbing leap of faith.

We cracked another bottle of wine and I stayed the night.

Boxing Day started with a stunning view of Horseshoe Bay. Dave cooked up an unholy amount of bacon to go with a feed of eggs. A pot or two of coffee later, it was time to be on my way.

I'll be back though. To house sit! Bwah ha ha!

The rest of the day was filled with running around. I gave up on attempting to shop for new shoes. Instead I spent time with Sammy the Cat at Don and Linda's.

Then I headed home to do some preps for my online work. And then an aborted attempt to visit some friends in Burnaby. I found the general area of the get together but was unable to raise anyone on the phone.

I headed back to Deep Cove and planned to get to bed early. I'm writing Alberta news for the remainder of the week. I get to work from home but I have to start at 6. Meaning I have to get up at 5 so my brain is functioning by 6.

And it was. Actually I got up at 4 in order to be ready to go for 6. And I was able to watch the sun rise on a snow covered Deep Cove.

The work day went quickly and ended before I knew it. I decided to reward myself with a trip to a deep discount shoe seller on Granville St. I walked into the empty store and walked out with $250 worth of shoes (actually a pair of shoes and a pair of sandals) for about $70 including tax.

I may go back for more.

You're now up to date!

Cheers!

No comments: