Wednesday, February 08, 2006

from the "bella soleil" dept.

What a pleasant suprise this morning: the sun is shining.

It's nice to know that a day of errands will be brightly illuminated. It's a tad cold, however. And the heater in my car still refuses to function. A blessing, then, that I live where I do.

Speaking of which, the flowers are sprouting. Spring is nigh.

OLYMPIC ADVENTURES


Murman has posted his latest entry. Some pretty funny stuff. *CLICK HERE*

NEW TOY


I've been wanting a decent voice recorder for some time. One that takes flash memory cards, records digitally, in high quality stereo. And cheap.

A tall order.

But I managed to snag a Sony BM-1 handheld recorder for US$179, which is very, very cheap. Sony lists it for US$299 -- and they've been selling north of the border for $500!




The key features: long recording time, portability, ability to record for broadcast or transcription (for all my interviews). And ease of file transfer... blah blah blah.



Up next: The Nikon 10.5 fisheye!

This thing is amazing, and there are many samples on my flickr site. The Canadian cost is nearly $1000. But through B&H in the USA, it's about C$640!

I'll be buying that before Belize.

TIME TO PACK


Heading to Tofino on Friday for 4 days. Looking forward to hanging out with Leanne, playing with cameras, and writing my Lonely Planet piece. The forecast looks ok, and really, it doesn't matter. It is such a magical place that just being there is enough. Nice weather is but a bonus.

One more day of work remains before we head out. And it's a night shift, meaning I have all day Thursday to relax and get ready.

Much like today.

Cheers!

No comments: