Thursday, February 09, 2006

from the "making Frank Buckley rich" dept.

Wow... bright sun today... and the forecasters are predicting 14C for today, 15C for tomorrow. Yep, winter in Vancouver is nothing like the ROC (Rest Of Canada).

Unfortunately cold and flu bugs pay no nevermind to the climate - and I am on the verge of coming down with the beast again. Last time it lasted nearly a month.

I was scheduled to work tonight, but have decided that I need to rest and relax and self-medicate myself with over-the-counter pills and potions. None of which do much more than earn big bucks for Frank Buckley.

Another reason I want to beat the beast is due to the trip to Tofino tomorrow. I do not want to be ill whilst trying to enjoy that little slice of paradise. And, as mentioned a billion times previously, I am working on the Lonely Planet "test" piece. The official guidelines should arrive today... and then the fun begins.

This could be the beginning of something entirely new, yet very familiar. Writing about travel and getting paid for it. Sure, I do it now, but certainly not in the volume I'd like.

And the cache of a Lonely Planet credit would open new doors.

This is fun, this goal stuff. Sure, it's been a long road. But, I'm getting there.

And then there are all the TV projects in the works. I think 2006 is going to be one heck of a year. And if I could only drop 30 pounds and get some more financial flow, I'd have the bull by the horns.

Right: goals! One at a time, however.

If you haven't been keeping up with Brent's life, check out his blog. It's funny how we're kindred spirits... I still think back to lunch time in 1998 when we were at a downtown Vancouver bookstore. I was looking for a book on Malta. Brent was wondering about traveling to Eastern Europe. The rest is history.

Except he's been living in Belize for six years and I'm still working at CTV.

But then again, I've been to Albania. So there!

The XM Radio is cranked, the dog is at my feet, and the sun is shining in. I'm going to go cough and sputter and get healthy!

Cheers!

PS: Don't be cheap! Click on the DONATE button above and fund my life!! Think Karma!

No comments: