Wednesday, February 01, 2006

from the "sun exists" dept.

What a week!

And it's only Wednesday. Although when you work without regard to weekends, the days lose their meaning.

Spent the weekend writing news. Nights, of course. Not a bad thing, but I miss hanging out with my normal-schedule friends. It's funny, whenever I have a normal schedule, I fly thousands of miles away.

Monday and Tuesday were filled with more news writing. This time for Alberta online viewers. Start times are early -- 6am -- but the office is my basement. I like that.

Today I had an early morning photoshoot with Ted Shredd. See some of the results on my flickr page (link to your right). It was actually warm and sunny. Unfortunately most of our shooting was inside. But we did manage to soak up some sun on the steps of the Art Gallery.

It seemed like we were in a different city.

But not for long. Around one, the clouds moved in, and it started raining again. It's been every day for more than a month. Even if we had the one sunny day a week, that would be fine. But no.

At least it's not -30 or snowy.

And, as my heater has gone kaput in the car, it's nice that it's warm enough not to die. And keep the window clear.

Looking forward to two more days off. Have to hit the shoppes for some new summerwear. Already nabbed new sandals for the trip south. Next, not-too-loud shirts and some a pair of pair of shorts.

Also: it's car insurance renewal time. And that means taking the beast in for "Aircare" a BC program that's supposed to protect the environment. In reality, it is a $400 payday for BC's automotive repair shops. I've pontificated on this before... search them archives!

Little else to report. Looking forward to another day off...

Cheers!

No comments: