Wednesday, September 14, 2005

from the "a point in time" dept.

Brent and Roh have left Vancouver. We had a fab dinner last night at Brent's sister's & her fella's place. Planked salmon, thai salad, and a Belini AND Margarita machine that was ever flowing.

B & R had a good visit, I think. I certainly had a good visit with them. It was great visiting old haunts like Berts and the always fantastic Caffe Barney. It was almost like 5 years ago, except for the extra flab and grey hairs. I won't say whose.

TV news continues its flow of sadness from New Orleans. Nice to see Bush accept some responsibility. Although too little, too late.

Larry King had New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin on tonight. He's great. He's like Rudi was after 9-11. And Larry didn't ask him to sing.

Tomorrow is Bush. That will be very interesting. And Clinton follows on Friday.

The doc project moves forward slowly. We're still working on the story rights and dealing with lawyers.

Thursday is Residential Tenancy Day: My previous landload stiffed me on my damage deposit, and we have a hearing tomorrow. I had to send copies of the documents to him and his wife. Each registered. He picked up. She did not.

I hope he fails to show tomorrow, as it will result in an automatic award for me. And it's not just the damage deposit -- it's double because he failed to pay it back.

My evidence is a string of emails. Who knows what will happen. Even if I win, enforcement could be an issue. I may have to go to small claims court. But, at the end of the day, it's an education -- and I might get some dough out of it.

Changes are afoot at the house. I will be housesitting in North Vancouver for a month, beginning next week. And I think I will start looking for a place to call MY home. The old neighbourhood (12/Granville) is expensive. So it may be back to the Drive for the third time.

We'll see...

No comments: