Wednesday, September 21, 2005

from the "but you promised!" dept.

Karma is a beautiful thing. Word just came to me from the South Vancouver homefront that the decision has been reached by the Residential Tenancies Board in regards to my battle to get my damage deposit back from my Deep Cove landlord.

The story this far: buddy promised to give it back. Then didn't citing damage to the suite by NEW tenants. I cried foul -- and went to RTO. They told me I could be entitled to DOUBLE + costs. We both faced a mediator last week. And today:

I have been awarded a $1250 judgement by the RTO.

Does this mean I suddenly have money to cover my airfare to Poland? No. It means that I have to see if the landlord will pay up. But there is no strict enforcement order. If he refuses, as I expect he will, I have to take him to small claims court. Or we may come to an outside agreement regarding this. We'll see.

But if I have to go to court, I will. And see the effects of Karma in a courtroom setting.

At the end of the day, you got to keep your promises!

Cheers!

No comments: